Recruitment Myth #2 – I Don’t Need a Recruiter Because I Can Find a Job on the Internet
MIXTURE. The internet is one way to source job opportunities with important caveats.
- A written job description cannot tell you if you are a good fit for the job.
- You will not be privy to the inside information recruiters possess. We frequently know the entire history of a practice.
- Your CV may immediately go into a slush pile. We have often gone to bat for a candidate who was rejected because of a misunderstanding.
- The above is especially true if the employer uses an Applicant Tracking System (and most corporations do). The software (not a human) analyzes CV’s and flags the ones that meet pre-determined criteria. If your CV is not flagged, it may never be seen.
- Job boards, employer career pages and the like will not protect your confidentiality. Once you submit your CV to one, it may be passed around to job board employer subscribers, to other employers within a corporate network, or even sold to third parties. You have no control over this. (MedHIRE will not share or sell your information and we keep searches confidential.)
MedHIRE is a Specialty Niche Recruiter with in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the neurosurgery/neurology world. We are one of the only recruitment agencies that exclusively specializes in neurosurgeons and neurologists. We have placed hundreds of doctors with hundreds of employers over the past 20 years.